Monday, September 24, 2007

 

Kid Nation on CBS

Kid Nation on CBS: I didn't watch, but I had read all the hand-wringing criticism (the usual what-kind-of-parent-sends-their-kid-to-such-a-place stuff, without calculating the same-kind-of-parent-who-ships-their-progeny-to-an-expensive-boarding-school factor). Anyway, while watching something else on the bedroom TV, I heard loud shouts of joy and enthusiasm in the main TV room from my two otherwise-jaded nine-year-old twin boys and their what-kind-of-parent-watches-this-stuff-with-her-kids mother, when the first episode was repeated Saturday night on CBS. Judging from their wildly positive reaction (n=3), I think kids love the show and some mothers do, too. "Can we go next season?" was the big question my boys kept asking. Maybe the nanny groups who find the show so despicable will strive valiantly to make sure there isn't a next season.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?